Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Arrival in Johannesburg

We had uneventful flights, with a plane change in DC and a one-hour stop in Dakar, Senegal. Lots of kids on that second flight. I watch a couple of movies on the plane, read about 1/2 a novel, and slept some. Barry slept more than I did.

My uncle Peter met us at the airport and took us to their new house where my aunt Marty was waiting for us. It was a lovely evening and we had a nice light dinner in the front garden.

We went to bed around 10:30, but there were impressive thunderstorms overnight. I woke up around 2:00 as the storm got louder and louder and got out of bed to discover about 1/2 inch of pea-sized hail on the ground. I slept a little after that, but decided to give up around 4:00.

Barry's birthday is starting early! It's now shortly after 5:00 and he just got up. It's already bright out, of course, since it's only 10 days until the first day of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment