Monday, May 7, 2012

New Plan

It's shortly after 11:00 pm and we're on our way! Found out at 3:00 pm today our flight was cancelled. By 7:00, we were booked (allegedly) on another flight that leaves at 6:00 am. So I rushed home from work at 8:00 pm through the torrential rain. Finished backing, took a quick shower, and left at 9:48. Many thanks to Barry, who drove me through the flash flooding back to campus. Everyone was present and ready when the bus arrived, so we actually left a few minutes before the 11:00 departure time.

From here, we're supposed to meet an airline agent at O'Hare at 4:00 am, flight to LaGuardia at 6:00 am, transfer to JFK, then a 3:00 flight to New Delhi. Anticipated arrival 3:10 pm Wednesday, same time we would have arrived on the original flight. All this after a 10 1/2 hour workday today. I think I'll try to get some sleep now. I've slept on a bus before.

No comments:

Post a Comment