Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Long Day in Mysore

We've had a good, but long day. We had about a 3 hour drive to Mysore, where we toured the Palace. This was home to 5 kings, the youngest of whom died in 1976. The palace, which is 100 years old this year, was very ornate. There is a huge open area in the front which is where the subjects essentially met as a parliament. There was a nice rose garden outside.

After a quick lunch in a beautiful hotel, we visited the Infosys training campus. The presentation was multi-faceted and nice, but really long for a bunch of tired Americans. We then had a fun tour, on golf carts, of the Amazing and beautiful campus.

We had a quick stop for craft shopping before starting the trip back to Bangalore. While there, Ramesh arranged for some of the students to take auto-rickshaw rides. I missed out. But I did see the cow herd pass right in front of the store.

We stopped at a KFC for dinner, but Ramesh convinced me to go next door for a dinner of traditional South Indian food. I didn't eat it with my fingers like I was supposed to, but I did enjoy it.

Tomorrow, our last day, will be fairly laid back. I'll looking forward to getting an hour-long deep tissue massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment