Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Stressful Beginning

I thought everything was going well this morning... I finished packing and some house cleaning, then took the recycling before arriving on campus 25 minutes before we were all supposed to meet for the bus. I drove Gywen's car, since she was on campus working and I didn't want to leave my car on campus for a week.

I went to my office to retrieve a few items and the 21 passports in my file cabinet along with $3080 we need to get into Chile. Only then did I realize how problematic it was for me to leave my keys at home. I made it back home in record time! The dogs were pleased I came back so soon, but one minute later I was back in the car. I made it to the bus at 10:15 - right when it was supposed to arrive - and joined everyone else who was already on the bus. As trip leader, I set a fine example for the students!

We actually left town 6 minutes early. We had a beautiful sunny drive to the airport, where we found our flight is delayed by 1:17. Still plenty of time to catch our connection in Atlanta, though. Now it's time to get some lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment