Friday, May 10, 2013

On the Move

My return to India is underway. Yesterday we had a 3 1/2 hour pre-departure meeting with the students, during which they gave presentations about some of the places we will visit on the trip. We also played a name game so I finally learned the names of most of the 30 students I'm traveling with. Just a little more practice and I will be fine.

I went home from the meeting and packed. I was back on campus to meet everyone at 7:15 this morning. The departure was smooth compared to last year when our flight was cancelled and we had to leave 7 hours early in a deluge. We're now in Northwest Indiana on our way to O'Hare. At this point, we're still excited about the 8-hour flight to Amsterdam. Not sure how long that will last.

I'm looking forward to being back in India, seeing some places again, seeing new sites, and doing it all with a new group of students and colleagues. But I know I'm going to miss Barry and our dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment