Sunday, June 20, 2010

Second Full Day in South Africa

I'm sure there is plenty I could say in this post, but everyone is ready to head out for the day, and I don't want to spend the entire time inside in front of the computer. I'm not sure when I'll have time to write details and upload photos and video. Probably on Monday...

Yesterday was a good day, but we didn't really do anything except go to the Ghana/Australia game in Rustenburg. It ended in a one-one tie as I'm sure everyone knows. This puts Ghana in a good place, and effectively takes Australia out of the tournament. It was a 12-hour excursion, including our bus ride to and from the stadium. On the way there, there was a very annoying Australian on board with two female companions. Everyone was glad they were not on the bus for the trip back.

Today is sunny and cool, much like yesterday. We're heading out for a drive around Johannesburg and possibly a trip to the zoo. Marty points out that this will not be as good as the "real thing," meaning our upcoming trip to Kruger National Park, but it should still be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment