Friday, May 18, 2018

Food in Australia (Part 1)

It's 9:12 am Saturday. We are in Sydney, and in about 20 minutes we will begin boarding the flight to LAX. I came to question, on this trip, why I try to maintain a travel blog. This trip was the worst in terms of finding time to write. The blog will be less of a real-time journal and more of a reflection on whatever I happen to remember.

Right now I am thinking about food and meals. On the way here we stopped at a Krispy Kreme stand in the other terminal, and we passed it again on our way through now, but we didn't have time to stop because we needed to transfer by bus to the international terminal and go through security. I had my heart set on a Reese's donut but, unfortunately, the international terminal didn't have Krispy Kreme.

It just struck me that I didn't get McDonald's on this trip. It's not my favorite restaurant, of course, but I usually try to go in every country I am in to see or taste the different menu items. I hear they had some unique things here, including an incredible breakfast sandwich.

I did get to have Nando's the other night. I had been talking it up, so Thao and Roberto wanted to go. Fortunately, they liked it. That evening I had a Jack Daniel's Soda in a bottle, which is something I had never seen before. It wasn't special.

Well, I was about to write about the nicer meals we had, including one with Rob Webb from Cook and last night's closing dinner, but we are about to board, and then the WiFi will be going away. So I'll have to get back to it another time.

Next up is our 13 hour 50 minute flight back to the States. Maybe I can write on the plane...

Oh - on the flight here from Brisbane I got to finish Ladybird, so that was nice. I'll watch a couple more movies on this flight, and get some sleep. We have already been in transit for nearly 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment